NBCA Massage Therapy Certification Exam Requirements
The minimum eligibility requirements for the NBCA Massage Therapy Certification Exam requires candidates to graduate from a school that is licensed by the state department of education, or a similar state body, to provide massage therapy training in the state in which it is located and complete a minimum of 600 hours of supervised instruction, or comparable state regulated requirement, composed of the following:
- 125 hours of instruction in general anatomy, musculoskeletal anatomy, physiology and kinesiology.
- 300 hours of instruction in orthopedic assessment, scientifically based massage theory and corrective and restorative applications.
- 40 hours of instruction in general pathology with an emphasis on neurological and musculoskeletal pathology.
- 25 hours of instruction in business and ethics with a minimum of ten hours in ethics.
- 110 hours of supervised clinical practicum, or additional instruction in a related field, that completes the scientifically based massage program.
- You must also be a member of the AMMA
Register online for the NBCA Massage Therapy Certification Exam
If you need help registering for the NBCA Massage Therapy Certification Exam, please contact the AMMA directly.